DEVELOPMENT OF SMART CITY DUSTBIN MOBILE APPLICATION FOR ANDROID
SMART CITY DUSTBIN
One of the problem facing developing countries and particularly an urban city like Lagos in Nigeria is the issue of poor waste management by citizen. This definitely affects the standard of living of both the humans being and animals. Spread of diseases, foul smell in the air and unpleasant look of the city are few of its consequences. The cause of this can be trace to either non availability of Dustbins within the vicinity or their addresses and locations are not known. In the development of smart city dustbin mobile application for android, such problems are taking in to consideration. Its result generates a mobile Android app called Smart Dustbin that have Database which contain the proposed names and addresses for different dustbins. These are displayed on the screen of any Android mobile Smartphone’s the app is installed on and can then be used to locate the dustbin within the user’s vicinity. If a particular address is not descriptive enough or the precise location of the dustbin is proofing difficult for the user, such dustbin can be click. This will launch a goggle map, search with the address and bring the precise location of the dustbin with other relevant information that will guide the user.
2. Rafiq Raji (2018). “Smart Lagos: Status, Prospects and Opportunities”.
3. Fady S. (2018).The Design and Implementation of Smart Trash Bin. Academic Journal of Nawroz University. Volume 6, No 3
4. Dhawal L., Sagar M., Harshal M., Prachi C., Ketan S., Priyanka P (2018) Smart Dustbin. International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology. Volume 6 Issue IV
5. Mangesh N. (2017). Iot based waste management for smart city. International Journal of Advance Research Ideas and Innovations in Technology. ISSN: 2454-132X, Volume3, Issue2
6. Adebola Olugbenga O. (2006). “The role of informal private sector in integrated solid waste management in the achievement of the millennium development goals (MDGS) in Lagos, Nigeria.” CWG- WASH Workshop 2006 in Kolkata, India
7. WWW.Wikipedia- Android studio
8. Shraddha Z., Rashmi P., Shivani P., Pooja R.,Vanita B. (2017). Smart City Waste Management System Using GSM. RMD Sinhgad School of Engineering, India.
9. NAGARAJU U., RITU M., Chaitanya K., Rajkumar N.(2017). Smart Dustbin for Economic Growth School of Information Technology and Engineering, VIT University.
10. Bikramjit S., Manpreet K. (2016). “Smart Dustbins for Smart Cities”. GHG Khalsa College Gurusar Sadhar Ludhiana Punjab India. (IJCSIT) International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, Vol. 7 (2), 2016, 610-611
11.Robin.W.(2018) “Bin Icon” www.iconarchive.com/show/recycling-icons-by-robinweatherall/bin-icon.html.
12. Alex Wilhelm (2013). An IDE built just for Android Developers. http://thenextweb.com/