Maximum Power Point Tracking of Dish Stirling System in Partially Shadow Condition Using Fuzzy Logic Controller Based on PSO Algorithm
Solar Dish stirling system
This paper presents a novel approach based on fuzzy logic controller to track optimum operational point of dish-stirling system in uniform irradiance condition. The proposed method considers all details of system including thermo mechanical and electrical aspects of dish stirling system where previous studies use a simple model to assess this issue. Multi parallel dish stirling systems have more extremum operation points in partially condition system. Hence, this study utilize fuzzy logic controller to find global maximum power point tracking of system when all aspects of system are taken in to account. Finally In order to validate the proposed method, a comprehensive case study has been conducted on dish stirling systems. Simulation results show the accuracy of the proposed method in different conditions in comparison with previous methods.
2. Trieb, F., O. Langniβ, and H. Klaiβ, Solar electricity generation—a comparative view of technologies, costs and environmental impact. Solar energy, 1997. 59(1): p. 89-99.
3. Stine, W.B. and R.B. Diver, A compendium of solar dish/Stirling technology. 1994, DTIC Document.
4. Thombare, D. and S. Verma, Technological development in the Stirling cycle engines. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 2008. 12(1): p. 1-38.
5. Kongtragool, B. and S. Wongwises, A review of solar-powered Stirling engines and low temperature differential Stirling engines. Renewable and Sustainable energy reviews, 2003. 7(2): p. 131-154.
6. Solar, T., Tessera Solar and Stirling Energy Systems Unveil World’s First Commercial Scale SuncatcherTM Plant, Maricopa Solar, with Utility Partner Salt River Project. Press Release [Online]. Available: http://tesserasolar. com/north-america/pdf/2010_01_22. pdf, 2010.
7. Kalogirou, S.A., Solar thermal collectors and applications. Progress in energy and combustion science, 2004. 30(3): p. 231-295.
8. Petrescu, S., et al., Application of the direct method to irreversible Stirling cycles with finite speed. International Journal of Energy Research, 2002. 26(7): p. 589-609.
9. Santos-Martin, D., et al., Solar dish-Stirling system optimisation with a doubly fed induction generator. IET Renewable Power Generation, 2012. 6(4): p. 276-288.
10. Pena, R., J. Clare, and G. Asher, Doubly fed induction generator using back-to-back PWM converters and its application to variable-speed wind-energy generation. IEE Proceedings-Electric Power Applications, 1996. 143(3): p. 231-241.
11. Wu, B., et al., Power conversion and control of wind energy systems. 2011: John Wiley & Sons.
12. Dorf, R.C. and R.H. Bishop, Modern control systems. 2011: Prentice Hall.
13. Li, Y., et al., Design of Variable-Speed Dish-Stirling Solar–Thermal Power Plant for Maximum Energy Harness. IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, 2015. 30(1): p. 394-403.
14. Shariatpanah, H., M.Z. Jahromi, and R. Fadaeinedjad, Simulation of a new grid-connected hybrid generation system with Stirling engine and wind turbine. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, 2013. 5(6): p. 063128.
15. Jahromi, M.Z., M.M.H. Bioki, and R. Fadaeinedjad. Simulation of a stirling engine solar power generation system using Simulink. in International Aegean Conference on Electrical Machines and Power Electronics and Electromotion, Joint Conference. 2011. IEEE.
16. Zareian-Jahromi, M., et al. Investigation of Solar Irradiance Impact on Electro-Thermo-Mechanical Characteristics of a Dish-Stirling Engine Power Generation System. in Proceedings of the 2014 IEEE Electrical Power and Energy Conference. 2014. IEEE Computer Society.
17. Zhu, Y., et al. Application of PSO algorithm in global MPPT for PV array. in Zhongguo Dianji Gongcheng Xuebao(Proceedings of the Chinese Society of Electrical Engineering). 2012. Chinese Society for Electrical Engineering.
18. Veerachary, M., T. Senjyu, and K. Uezato, Neural-network-based maximum-power-point tracking of coupled-inductor interleaved-boost-converter-supplied PV system using fuzzy controller. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2003. 50(4): p. 749-758.